Thursday, April 16, 2009

Gone Racin'

Was bored the other night so decided to pull out my Porsche 911T I bought a few weeks ago and go drive on some tracks. The first stop was Kokopelli Raceway, which turned out to be a simple oval track. The build was nice enough though and the track wasn't littered with vehicles so I went down to the pits to rez my car. But what I found was beyond horrible.












A reminder that 'staches shouldn't be worn in RL or SL. I don't think this picture captures the pure horror of the thing.








While driving, Vamperessa showed up and stood in the middle of the track where I promptly ran her over at 160 miles per hour. I picked her up and we did a couple laps then went elsewhere to find a road racing track. We found a sim, which name escapes me now, full of racing tracks. The first one was a F1 style track where I spent most of the time bouncing off the walls due to the insane speed the car can move at. After about 10 minutes of laps and ramming some slow girl driver off the track, I decided to give Vampy a try. Unfortunately my Porsche doesn't have guest driver privilages so I gave her one of my go karts I built ages ago.





Fun was had and Vampy got used to the go kart and got some nice lap times. We then went to the specially built go kart track on the same sim, where we raced about for awhile. After a bit of that it seemed Vampy was getting bored and she started trying to ram me, where I got the idea to search for a demolition derby. We ended up at the only one listed in search, where she promptly ran me over with the monster truck she was driving in. After getting my revenge and winning the second round, we ran next door to the bumper cars and bashed on eachother for a while. We found a teleporter which lead us to yet another track, where we drove go karts for a moment until Vampy got tired and went to bed.



All in all a good night. Next time will need to wrangle up some more folks to make it even more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment